Guidance on the Student IT Scheme.
If you’re on campus, you can borrow a laptop from the Library for up to four weeks. You can apply for a loan here.
Student IT Scheme
We are also running a Student IT Scheme to support students without access to computer facilities or internet connection required to complete their studies.
We can help by offering a laptop loan (or a grant to purchase a suitable device for students based outside of the UK), a grant of up to £200 to purchase internet access, or support accessing software necessary for certain courses.
Who is eligible?
· Entered the University via the PARTNERS or Realising Opportunities supported entry route
· Students with an individual Student Support Plan (SSP)
· Students whose families are in receipt of low-income benefits
· Disabled students
· Students in receipt of a sanctuary scholarship
· UG students in receipt of an income assessed loan from the Student Loans Company
· Care leavers
· Estranged students
· Students in receipt of the University hardship funding or an Opportunity Scholarship
· Students in receipt of income assessed NHS funding
· Postgraduate Research (PGR) students
Students who meet the eligibility criteria can apply by completing the Student IT Scheme Application Form. The application form requires your University login and you must have pre-registered to apply.
Each application will be assessed on a case by case basis. Please only apply if you really need help, if you access support and don’t really need it, you may deprive someone who does.
If you have any queries about your eligibility or need help to complete the form please email studentITscheme@ncl.ac.uk.
Further information about the Student IT Scheme is available online.