1. Student Enquiries
  2. Student Services and Facilities
  3. Staying safe on campus and in the community

What should I do if I, or others in my student house, feel that we are being harassed by our neighbours?

It is possible that you may feel your neighbours, particularly permanent residents, are over-reporting what you would consider to be normal behaviour e.g. moving around your house, playing music at low levels.

It is also possible that your household is being reported for having people around when there are simply several of you living in your house.

Recognising that some permanent residents are very sensitive about student behaviour at this very difficult time, if you do feel that you are being harassed by your neighbours, and have been unable to resolve this by talking with them, contact Operation Oak or Northumbria Police. In the first instance, we suggest emailing centralnptuniversity@northumbria.pnn.police.uk.