I am an estranged student, what financial support can I access?

Helpful information about financial support for estranged students.

Newcastle University is committed to supporting estranged students throughout their academic life.

If you have any questions or need help applying to Student Finance as an estranged student please contact our Student Finance Advisers by emailing student.fin-supp@ncl.ac.uk The advisers can also help you to plan your finances, working with you to draw up a tailored budget based on your circumstances.

You may also be eligible to apply for discretionary funding made available by the University which would be paid in addition to the money you receive from Student Finance. For more information about this visit our Financial Support web pages.

You can find out more about external support services at standalone.org.uk/students/


Last reviewed: 15.08.2023