I am a student on a placement year. How do I confirm my attendance in order to receive my maintenance loan?

When applying for student finance, you must notify your awarding body if you are due to be away from the University on an industrial or study abroad placement. This only applies if the placement is an official part of your degree programme.

If you've notified your awarding body, you do not need to scan your smart card to confirm your attendance and your loan will be paid automatically. 


Last reviewed: 14.01.2022