I am a new EU/EEA/Swiss student living in England and have settled status through the EU Settlement Scheme, do I qualify for home fees and Student Loans?

Helpful information for new EU/EEA/Swiss students living in England with a settled status through the EU Settlement Scheme.

As an EU, other EEA or Swiss national with settled status, you will continue to have access to home fee status, a tuition fee loan and maintenance support for study in the UK, on the same basis as domestic students, subject to meeting the usual residency requirements.

You will need to give the Student Loans Company evidence of your status by providing your digital share code and proof of your identity. This could be an original valid passport or valid national identity card.

You will also need to have lived in the UK and Islands, for at least the last three years before your course starts.

For more details about access to student finance as a EU/EEA/Swiss student, please visit this advice on the Government website.


Last reviewed: 18.08.2023