Guidance for students on new local restrictions.
People should only come inside your home for specific purposes:
• where everyone in the gathering lives together or is in the same support bubble
• to attend a birth at the mother’s request
• to visit a person who is dying (the visitor can be someone the dying person lives with, a close family member, friend or, if none of those is visiting, anyone else)
• to fulfil a legal obligation
• for work purposes (see guidance on working safely in other people’s homes), or for the provision of voluntary or charitable services
• for the purposes of education or training
• for the purposes of childcare provided by a registered provider
• to provide emergency assistance
• to enable one or more persons in the gathering to avoid injury or illness or to escape a risk of harm
• to facilitate a house move
• to provide care or assistance to a vulnerable person
• to continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children where the children do not live in the same household as their parents, or one of their parents.
You should let us know as soon as possible if you are having to self-isolate by completing this online form.
If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day (Monday-Friday) – call us:
- Between 10am and 4pm (Monday - Friday) and 11am - 2pm (Saturday and Sunday) call the COVID Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Outside of these hours call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7)