Find out about where and when you need to wear a face mask on campus.
From 7 September 2020 you will be required to wear face coverings on campus when in a teaching location, moving around premises, or coming within 2m contact with another person.
We ask that you wear a face mask on campus during the following scenarios:
- When walking around corridor and buildings
- When waling through busy areas where it is difficult to maintain the 2m distancing rule
- In lecture theatres and seminar rooms
- In shops on campus
- In areas where wearing a face covering is an additional mitigating measure. You will see signs in these areas
It is not essential to wear a face mask whilst outside, in labs, workshops and studios, or whilst eating or playing sports, but you are welcome to do so.
There are exemptions for those who are not able to wear a face-covering including people with breathing difficulties and people with disabilities that make it difficult to wear a face covering. All colleagues and students will soon be provided with a safety pack which will include a washable face covering, digital thermometer, and a refillable hand sanitiser.
You should let us know as soon as possible if you are having to self-isolate by completing this online form.
If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day (Monday-Friday) – call us:
- Between 10am and 4pm (Monday - Friday) and 11am - 2pm (Saturday and Sunday) call the COVID Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Outside of these hours call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7)