You can have a test (swab test) to check if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) through the National Health Service
You can get a free NHS test if:
- you have any symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- you're getting a test for someone you live with who has symptoms
- you have been told to get a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
- your local council asks you to get a test
- you're taking part in a Government pilot project
Only get a test if you have Coronavirus symptoms or have been asked to get tested. This will help make sure people who need a test can get one.
If you have symptoms, get a test as soon as possible. You need to get the test done in the first 5 days of having symptoms.
You should let us know as soon as possible if you are having to self-isolate by completing this online form.
If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day (Monday-Friday) – call us:
- Between 10am and 4pm (Monday - Friday) and 11am - 2pm (Saturday and Sunday) call the COVID Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Outside of these hours call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7)