You must self-isolate immediately if:
- You have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You have tested positive for coronavirus.
- You live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive.
- Someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive.
- You have been informed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app.
- You arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk (i.e. from a country included on the UK Government’s ‘red’ and ‘amber’ lists).
Even if you have previously tested positive for Covid-19, and somebody you live with develops symptoms or tests positive, you must still self-isolate. No matter whether you have already had the virus and recovered, you still need to isolate should somebody you live with show symptoms or test positive for Covid-19.
Report : tell us that you are self-isolating through the Covid-19 reporting form, so that we can support you.
Urgent help: If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day you should call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7).
Covid support: If you have a Covid-19 related enquiry, you can contact us by email email@example.com or the Covid Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Covid Enquiry Line operating hours:
- 9am - 5pm - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- 10am - 5pm - Wednesdays
Last updated: 12.05.2021