You should self-isolate immediately if:
- You have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You have tested positive for coronavirus.
- You live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive.
- Someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive.
- You have been informed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app.
- You arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk and have been advised to quarantine.
Even if you have previously tested positive for Covid-19, and somebody you live with develops symptoms or tests positive, you must still self-isolate. No matter whether you have already had the virus and recovered, you still need to isolate should somebody you live with show symptoms or test positive for Covid-19.
Report : tell us that you are self-isolating through the Covid-19 reporting form, so that we can support you.
Covid support: If you have a Covid-19 related enquiry, you can contact us by email email@example.com or the Covid Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101 (open 11am-2pm, Monday-Friday).
Urgent help: If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day you should call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7).
Last updated: 22.03.2021