Find out about where and when you need to wear a face mask on campus.
Face coverings should be worn as an additional risk mitigation measure by students, staff and visitors, in indoor settings where physical distancing is difficult to maintain, such as in corridors and communal areas. We have face coverings guidance which provides further details.
We advise that face coverings should be worn in all learning environments, providing their use does not impact teaching and learning. Some individuals are exempt from wearing face coverings, and we expect staff and students to be sensitive to those needs.
We also ask that you wear a face mask on campus in the following situations/locations:
· When walking around corridor and buildings
· When walking through busy areas where it is difficult to maintain the 2m distancing rule
· In lecture theatres and seminar rooms
· In shops on campus
· In areas where wearing a face covering is an additional mitigating measure. You will see signs in these areas
Report : tell us that you are self-isolating through the Covid-19 reporting form, so that we can support you.
Urgent help: If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day you should call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7).
Covid support: If you have a Covid-19 related enquiry, you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Covid Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Covid Enquiry Line operating hours:
- 9am - 5pm - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- 10am - 5pm - Wednesdays
Last updated: 13.05.2021