You will need to self-isolate for 10 days if:
- You have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- You have tested positive for coronavirus
- You live with someone who has symptoms or tested positive
- Someone in your support bubble has symptoms or has tested positive
- You have been informed to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS Covid-19 app
- You arrive in the UK from a country with a high coronavirus risk (i.e. from a country included on the UK Government’s ‘red’ and ‘amber’ lists).
If you are self-isolating:
- Do not leave your flat/household/studio other than for testing
- Do not attend University or public places
- Do not go on public transport or use taxis
- For students in University-managed accommodation, do not leave your flat/household/studio to collect deliveries from within your accommodation block. If you are living in University accommodation, order it online or by phone and mark on the delivery that you are self-isolating. If you are living in private accommodation, please refer to the processes in place to support deliveries.
- Do not have visitors in your household, including friends or family- except for people providing essential care.
- Do not go out to exercise.
Report : tell us that you are self-isolating through the Covid-19 reporting form, so that we can support you.
Urgent help: If you have an urgent need that cannot wait until the next working day you should call Security on 0191 208 6817 (available 24/7).
Covid support: If you have a Covid-19 related enquiry, you can contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Covid Enquiry Line on 0191 222 5101
Covid Enquiry Line operating hours:
- 9am - 5pm - Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays
- 10am - 5pm - Wednesdays
Last updated: 12.05.2021