1. Student Enquiries
  2. Accommodation
  3. Living in University Accommodation

How do I report a fault or maintenance issue in University accommodation?

Guidance for reporting faults or maintenance issues in University accommodation.

You should report any faults or damage as soon as possible.  You can do this by:

  • Submitting a repair request form for your residence: 

Bowsden Court 
Castle Leazes 
Grand Hotel 
Kensington and Park Terraces 
Marris House 
Park View 
Windsor Terrace Area (including Jesmond Road)

  • Emailing your reception 
  • Calling into your reception during opening hours
  • Contacting Security on 0191 208 6817 or via the help points located at each residence out of hours

Response Times 

We will aim to deal with your repair as quickly as possible. We prioritise repairs to ensure that the most urgent are dealt with first. Find out more  about reporting a fault.   


Last reviewed: 22.08.2023